Over 1,900 historic broadcast recordings available streaming online!
We are pleased to announce that our “American Women Making History and Culture: 1963-1982” project is completed! All of the grant project deliverables have been met. These include:
- A searchable finding aid available on the Online Archive of California.
- Over 1,900 recordings streaming freely on the Internet Archive and the UC Berkeley Library catalog OskiCat.
- Item level descriptions of recordings available on the Pacifica Radio Archives online catalog.
- A manual for completing similar digital preservation projects.
- Reports and more. Visit the project’s official webpage here: http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/nhprc1/home
We invite you to listen to these historic recordings and share with fellow students, researchers, professors, librarians, archivists, and media creators far and wide.
We want to say a special thanks to the National Historic Publications and Records Commission of the National Archives and Records Administration for their matching funds making this project possible, and to our partners: the Internet Archive, UC Berkeley Library, and George Blood, LP.